WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

StatComm (StatPress Community) Multisite Edition
[resolved] A couple of possible bugs (7 posts)

  1. GermanKiwi
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi WPReady,

    I've just spotted a couple of possible bugs (using plugin v1.7.62)...

    1) I recently changed the name of my /wp-content folder to /content (which makes it a little harder to guess). I did this by renaming the folder itself on the server, and then updating the WP_CONTENT_URL and WP_CONTENT_DIR variables in my wp-config.php file.

    Afterwards, my website had this error at the top of every page (outward facing):

    Warning: file(/PATH/TO/MY/public_html/wp-content/plugins/statpress-community-formerly-statcomm/def/banips.dat) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /PATH/TO/MY/public_html/content/plugins/statpress-community-formerly-statcomm/statcomm.php on line 777

    (I've modified the "/PATH/TO/MY" part in the above error for my own privacy)

    As you can see, the first path mentioned in the error makes reference to the /wp-content/ folder, which no longer exists. The second path at the end of the error shows the correct folder as /content/.

    I opened the statcomm.php file and found three references in there to /wp-content, on lines 774, 775 and 777. There is also another reference on line 960.

    I changed the references on 774, 775 & 777 to just /content and then the error message went away, so I seem to have fixed the bug for now. But I think the correct solution is for the plugin to take the true location of the content folder from the WP_CONTENT_DIR variable.

    Can you fix this?

    2) I also noticed, inside the statpress-community-formerly-statcomm.zip file (the plugin file downloaded from http://downloads.wordpress.org) that there is an extra copy of the plugin folder structure within itself.

    So within the /statpress-community-formerly-statcomm folder are all the plugin files and folders - statcomm.php and so on. But there is also another subfolder in there called /1.7.62 and inside there is another copy of all the files and subfolders including statcomm.php. I think this might be a mistaken duplicate? :)

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/statpress-community-formerly-statcomm/

  2. WPReady
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi GermanKiwi,
    thanks for your comments and suggestions.
    1) certainly I will take a look
    2) I'm currently checking what happened.

    I will release a fix for these and other issues this week.

  3. WPReady
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi GermanKiwi,
    Point 1 is a fix included on the next version (this week).
    Second point it seems I got a mistake uploading the plugin, although I'm looking what caused.
    Thanks for your feedback.

  4. GermanKiwi
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Great, thanks for fixing it!

  5. GermanKiwi
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hey, thanks for fixing these two items with V1.7.65 and even referencing me in the Changelog! :)

    BTW, my username is GermanKiwi, not GermanWiki.... ;) ;)

  6. WPReady
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    Whoops..!
    I will release a fix shortly, and I will correct your alias there. My apologies.

  7. GermanKiwi
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    No worries! :)

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.