• Resolved sam l

(@sam-l)

Hi there,

I installed this plugin 2 weeks ago. it doesn’t show most of the thumbnails (only 5% shown). Please check this out:
    http://www.commatravel.com/?p=145

As following was some actions I tried,

-Checked the posts with similar problems, so I waited for 2 weeks to see if the thumbnails would be generated. But nothing changed, still not showing all thumbnails.
    -Updated the plugin to New Version 3.4.2
    -Updated WordPress to latest Version 3.9.1
    -installed another similar plugin for testing. And it works.(Anyway prefer this plugin if the problem can be solved..)

would be appreciated for any help

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-23-related-posts-plugin/

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hey Sam,

thanks for reaching out, I’ll gladly help! And thanks for the link!

Are those images in those blog posts (that are showing up wrong, generic thumbnails) stored in your Media Library or somewhere else? Have you changed those images along the way? Are you using any custom gallery plugins, with which you are inserting those images in? If so, which one?

I’m sorry for all these questions, but I do have a couple of suggestions for you as well:

1.) try to set those images that you would want as your thumbnails as featured and see if this changes anything.

2.) try to run the ‘Regenerate Thumbnails’ plugin.

3.) if those two solutions stated above don’t work, try the one with ‘Custom Fields’ described below.

Open up the edit page of one of your blog posts, open the ‘Screen Options’ drop-down menu on the top right corner and tick the box next to ‘Custom Fields’. A new widget called ‘Custom Fields’ should appear just below your editor, where you can add a new name (e.g. “Zemanta_thumbnails”) and a value (link) to the image which you would like to use as a thumbnail for that particular blog post.

Finally, go to your plugin settings and tick the box next to ‘Use custom field for thumbnails’ and select the “Zemanta_thumbnails” custom field value (or whatever you chose to name it).

This way, you only change the value of your future (or past) blog posts, but the name of that custom field stays the same.

Either way, do let me know how it goes! I’m looking forward to your reply!

Best,
    Petra

Thread Starter sam l

(@sam-l)

Hi Petra,

Thanks so much for your quick reply. This is the best support team I’ve ever met here!

So I solved the problem with No.2 suggestion, to install the ‘Regenerate Thumbnails’ plugin.
    After that, found some of thumbnails which I edited before were not generated. I had to remove one by one to let it ran automatically, then re-edited again (Luckily only few of them are being edited manually)

I guess I turned off the plugin “Post thumbnail editor”, which caused the problem.(not sure)

Anyway, I have to say thanks again for your kind help. The detail info really helped a lot!

Glad to hear it worked and thank you for the kind words, I truly appreciate it!
    You are always welcome to leave a vote or a review about us, if you find the time. It shouldn’t take you more than a minute (two, if you write something nice). 🙂

Take care and have a nice day,
    Petra

Hi Petra!

Thanks for previous responses. I am having the same issue however bought a theme and the screen options are set up slightly differently. I also want to know if there is a way to turn off related posts for specific blog pages.

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Ben

Hey Ben,

thanks for reaching out!
    Let’s start with the link to your blog, if possible? Also, what theme are you using?
    And to answer your question: sure, you can turn off related posts for specific posts (pages). First create a category (e.g. “Petra [1]”) and put all those “no related posts” posts into that category. Now in the plugin settings go to the “Advanced setting”->”Other settings”->”Exclude these Categories:” and tick the box next to “Petra[1]” category or whatever name you choose. Check the screenshot for easier navigation. Hope this helps!

Best,
    Petra

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘95% thumbnails not showing’ is closed to new replies.