WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

72 hour wait for nameserver changes... but... (7 posts)

1. LucretiaFraser
    Posted 1 year ago #

What if it doesn't work? Yesterday,I started a blog on wordpress.com,purchased my domain, etc... THEN realized I wanted more options. I used hostgator and all seemed well... until the actual set-up. So I changed the nameservers from wordpress.com to the hostgator ns.

And it says I need to wait 72 hours. Which would be fine, except I am now wondering if it is more prudent to just cancel the whole thing and start from scratch. I am within my 2 days from purchase, so I could just ''cancel and refund'' and start fresh.

I am worried about having to pay for the domain name again, or a new one, if changing the nameservers doesn't work, or work the way I expect it to.

Any suggestions?

2. LucretiaFraser
    Posted 1 year ago #

oops... probably the url would be helpful: lucretiafraser.net

3. ricardusexa
    Posted 1 year ago #

You will need to contact with your host to see if the nameserver's been changed or not.

4. halty
    Posted 1 year ago #

You can use this website to check if your nameservers have been already updated: http://www.intodns.com/

5. LucretiaFraser
    Posted 1 year ago #

I decided not to risk it and cancelled lucretiafraser.net the day, since it had been 24 hours with nothing good happening...

However, after repeated attempts and emails from wordpress requesting I return my domain name to the wordpress nameserver, upgrade requests, etc. where I have REPEATEDLY stated I have cancelled this, AND repeatedly pressing the ''cancel and refund'' link... NOT ONLY has my domain name NOT been cancelled, NOT ONLY has my money NOT been refunded... I am STILL GETTING UPGRADE REQUESTS. And to add insult to injury, I received a notice saying it was now TOO LATE to cancel, in any case.

There is no contact phone number. Is this the way WordPress does business?

6. LucretiaFraser
    Posted 1 year ago #

Oh... and even if I wanted to limp through the already painful process of completing the DNS mapping... I can't access the account to do that. SO... not cancelled, but not active, either....

7. govpatel
    Posted 1 year ago #

Is this on wordpress.com or self hosted wordpress.
    this is self hosted wordpress forum

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.