WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Shareaholic | share buttons & related posts
7.0. upgrade doesnt carry forward settings? WTH? (4 posts)

1. mippie32
    Posted 1 year ago #

Just upgraded from 6.3.1.8 and all the settings were lost, settings, default buttons (apps) and the statistics. This sucks! I deactivated the plugin, removed it and uploaded and activated 6.3.1.8 manually and all is fine, for now. How come?

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/sexybookmarks/

2. rodgevbg
    Posted 1 year ago #

Same problem for me, tried "Click "Edit" to customize look & feel, themes, block lists, etc." And NOTHING happens!!!!!!

What gives?
    Have you release a updated version that doesn´t work?

Removed and made a clean install. Same thing.

3. Celeste - Shareaholic
    Posted 1 year ago #

Hi @mippie32! Your website's Analytics should have been left unscathed. If they fell off the map, I'll need your website address to take a closer look and speak with our engineering team.

As for the settings, the update rolled out an entirely new interface with apps that were built from scratch to replace the previous ones. We now save settings to the cloud to make it less likely that you'll lose your configuration preferences after updating in the future (or through the troubleshooting process) and to provide us with smoother control over fixing reported bugs all in the background without requiring a whole new version release. We can also release enhancements, like new button styles, seamlessly and push these changes live immediately, rather than having to stop and dabble directly in the WP plugin backend.

Your settings are tied directly into your Shareaholic account and will be interlaced with your website's Analytics, and configuration changes can even be made on our site in your Publisher Apps Dashboard without even needing to enter your WordPress Admin Panel. The Publisher Apps Dashboard provides you with a single spot to manage all of your Shareaholic apps (those setup through the plugin interface as well as any other sites you administer on the WWW where our apps are installed) all in one place. We wanted to streamline things, especially making it easier for those who run multiple websites. We also wanted to offer the same setup options for those using WordPress or other CMS platforms to eliminate unnecessary bulk in the plugin backend.

The new apps have improved speed AND offer greater compatibility with the most popular themes and plugins, along with a ton of new options, including finer control of manual placement and the ability to configure each share-bar placement independently as they are appointed their own individual app IDs for saving your custom settings. You get more bang for your buck! Who am I kidding? It's completely FREE! Always a bonus, right?

4. Celeste - Shareaholic
    Posted 1 year ago #

Now, to you both @rodgevbg and @mippie32, if you are having trouble with configuring your settings in the cool little Edit screen, try clearing your cache as you may be running into an 'assets' issue. Basically, you need to clear your previously cached resources and refresh the settings panel. This *should* fix the problem.

If it doesn't, I'd love to get some additional information from you, and a screenshot speaks a million words. That would be incredibly helpful.

Also, we did roll out a few support articles today to ease the transition from v6 to v7. They are a little slim right now, but we are working on fleshing out this documentation to make sure all questions are answered. If you have any that I can answer immediately, please feel free to ask. Would love to help in any way I can! :)

And here's a blog post that will show you some of the interface changes if you aren't quite there yet.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.