• Hi there, minor problem, may be related to my server config but im not sure.

Recently, my site (shadednecros.net) has prompted me to d/l the php file (eg Post.php) whenever I click the confirm / save / publish button after about 20 – 30seconds after clicking.

This has only just happened and means that updating / editing posts and also publishing is hard as it is hit or miss as to whether the post is published or not.

Any ideas? Thanks for your time

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Not to sure what “d/l” is?

Welcome to the WordPress Support Forums!

Please help keep the Forums successful by reading:
    Using the Support Forums

Also, remember the WordPress Codex and the FAQ pages.

And, thank you, for letting us know if this information proves useful (or not)!

Thread Starter minimac

(@minimac)

Sorry: download. As in FireFox prompts me to download / save the ‘post’ script (using post as an example)

Any chance that file is called post.phps on your server? If so rename it to post.php.

Thread Starter minimac

(@minimac)

Its only recently started doing it. And the file is called post.php

I get the prompt to d/l in Firefox and page not found in IE. Any ideas? Thank you for your continued time.

I would delete the post.php file and then upload another – this will rule out any accidental change that could have been caused by your host.

Thread Starter minimac

(@minimac)

OK have done that. The problem is still there though. Something to do with CHMODs?

I get a long loading message in FireFox and then the option to download the script. I’ll email my host too.

Thank you for your help I appreciate it. Any more ideas?

Thread Starter minimac

(@minimac)

I’ve deactivated the Markdown plugin and it is still happening. Argh!

If it only recently started happening, what has changed ?
    Browser upgraded ?
    New program to edit / use php files ?

Thread Starter minimac

(@minimac)

Had the new version of FF, but it happens in IE too. Even after re uploading the post.php file.

If i delete all the wp-files (but not the Database) could I reupload them and the content would still be there (after installing + connecting to DB)?

Thanks

It would be yes, but that could be a waste of time as you have already done that to one file.
    It’s the fact that it is just happening now which needs tracking down – does this happen on any other page in admin, all of them, none of them ?

sounds like the wrong mime type is being sent by the server…. you might want to have your host check into that.

Does it happen only on post.php, or on all PHP files?

And, just to rule anything else out, what version of:
    1) WP?
    2) PHP?
    are you running?

-tg

Thread Starter minimac

(@minimac)

Post.php is the main one that is happens all the time with. Sometimes I get it when I edit options / preferences etc.

I’ll email my host.

****ing bihira.

Thanks for help.

Had the same problem on one of my WP installs. Posted a help message here…someone recommended running the upgrade script…it fixed the problem.

Try it…can’t hurt.

Thread Starter minimac

(@minimac)

Version 1.5.2 of WP
    Unknown PHP version.

Have run the upgrade script (the one step one) and problem still occurs. No email from host as of yet.

Any last ditch ideas? Thanks for help so far.

The problem is in one of two places:
    – the server
    – your machine
    We need to clearly rule one out, and the only way of doing that is to get someone else to try and see that page.
    If they can and all is good – it’s your machine.
    If they cannot and get the same result – it’s the server.

I suggest getting someone you trust for a few minutes – because you should change your password after giving it out – to login and try to post. Try 2 people if you can – and then let us know ?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • The topic ‘Keep getting forced to d/l php script’ is closed to new replies.