WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

505 Error With Permalinks, 404 Error in Default (1 post)

1. sassymonkey
    Posted 6 years ago #

I just moved my WP installation from a sub directory to my server's root level. This has caused the following errors to result:

When Permalinks are enabled (as I was successfully using in the sub directory version), I get this error:

500 Server Error

A misconfiguration on the server caused a hiccup. Check the server logs, fix the problem, then try again.

When I disable Permalinks and select Default ugly method, I get this:

404 Not Found

The requested URL does not exist.

However, it does exist. What's more, I can access the Dashboard fine. It's only the public blog that can't be accessed.

What I've Checked

1) I followed the instructions for moving an installation as noted here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress

2) I checked the ability to create/write .htaccess files on my server. It shows properly (I think) as:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

3) Also checked that the siteurl and home tables in the MySQL database correctly reflect the root site address and not the old sub directory path.

4) Double-checked the wp-config.php file has the correct linkages to the database.

5) Am using a new database (with the old data imported) instead of the old one so there's no issue with table_prefix designation being duplicated.

6) Also deactivated all plugins without success.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help!

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic