Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Plugin Author petermolnar

(@cadeyrn)

Hi Christiaan,

I haven’t encountered with this error yet. Could you please describe the configuration, the underlying services and the in what cases does it happen?

Is there no too low timeout setting somewhere, for example between nginx and memcached?

Thread Starter Christiaan Conover

(@cconover)

I’m using Nginx 1.5.5 with PHP-FPM on a DigitalOcean 2GB droplet. The PHP script timeout is set to 30 seconds, and I have no issues with any other scripts. Nginx is set to a keepalive of 30 seconds with memcached, which is running on localhost. Other scripts using memcached have no issues.

I’m wondering if it’s related to the issue this guy is having: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/extremely-slow-wp-admin?replies=3

(@cconover)

I also get a 504 error when trying to activate WP-FFPC. Here is what my Nginx logfile says.

2013/09/21 17:56:42 [error] 1852#0: *1 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: [IP redacted], server: wp.dev.cconover.com, request: "GET /wp-admin/plugins.php?activate=true&plugin_status=all&paged=1&s= HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock", host: "wp.dev.cconover.com", referrer: "https://wp.dev.cconover.com/wp-admin/update.php?action=install-plugin&plugin=wp-ffpc&_wpnonce=0fa7b54576"

(@cconover)

I launched a new DigitalOcean droplet and moved my sites over, keeping the exact configuration of my old server, and now it’s working without issue. Obviously an issue on DigitalOcean’s end.

Wayne Church

(@wchurchcpp)

I have this problem and have spent four days trying to correct it. I have three blogs and it only effects one but it is the biggest blog. First I contacted Hostgator.com. W tried a lot of things including the Ping times, etc. It does not do it when I open the blog on unerasedhistory.com but when I open unerasedhisory.com/wp-admin I try to load the posts and it goes into a spin that lasts 3.5 minutes and then goes into “Not found for 504” and the screen says I arrived at a 404 page.

They could not correct the problem so I contacted my ISP and they could not fix it so they sent me to McAfee to see if there was a problem with a firewall. They then sent me back to Hostgator. The problem what ever it is is still going on. We even changed the IP address. This problem does not happen except with unerased history.com

Plugin Author petermolnar

(@cadeyrn)

Hi,

Anything in the logs?
    Is the connection to the memcached server open?

There’s a line on the code which crawls a ( currently non-existent, empty, 200/OK response ) file from my server which could also cause this. ( The reason is historical: I wanted a way to be able to broadcast messages if required in case something went wrong with the plugin, I will remove this feaure later on but to be honest, I’d forgotten about it ).

Comment out ( or remove ) line #194 from wp-content/plugins/wp-ffpc/wp-common/wp-plugin-abstract.php
    $this->broadcast_message = @file_get_contents( $this->broadcast_message );
    It might solve the issue.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘504 Error in wp-admin when activated’ is closed to new replies.