WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

503 errors after upgrade to 3.1.1 (6 posts)

1. Leirith
    Posted 3 years ago #

Hi,

Following an upgrade to WordPress 3.1.1, we are experiencing many 503 server errors and occasionally seeing the "Error establishing a database connection" screen.

We have 2 servers as follows.
    Debian 5.0.8
    Apache/2.2.9

Debian 5.0.7
    MySQL 5.0.51a-24+lenny4

Any ideas about what could be going wrong?

Thanks!

2. Tara
    Posted 3 years ago #

Error connecting to your database is common, but it isn't necessarily a problem with wordpress itself.

-First, double check your wp-config.php file settings for the database name, database username and database password. This is where most errors occur.

-Then check that you don't need to change the database host from "localhost" to something else. You can get that info from your hosting provider.

-Check you have actually created a database with the same database name as is in your wp-config.php file.

-Last, but not least, if all that information is correct your database probably has a problem with it, and you may need to contact your hosting provider.

There are also many threads on this topic on these forums: http://wordpress.org/search/Error+establishing+a+database+connection?forums=1

3. Leirith
    Posted 3 years ago #

Thank you for your reply.

The database settings are okay - the problem is intermittent, so the connection is usually successful.

I've been running a diagnostic loop in PHP where I establish and then close a connection every second. It failed once with a "Too many connections error" which could be the cause of the problem.

4. Leirith
    Posted 3 years ago #

I have noted that when the database is unavailable, there are a large number of MySQL processes in the "Locked" state. These processes are performing queries related to the WordPress database. What could cause so many processes to become "Locked"?

5. Marco
    Posted 3 years ago #

Hello,

I have the same problème since i have uprgaded to WP 3.1.1. It's the first time that it happens to me.

PHP Version 5.2.17
    Mysql version 5.0.67
    Hoster 1&1

6. Marco
    Posted 3 years ago #

up

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic