• Hi,

I just upgraded to the newest version of WordPress and all seemed to go well. But when I hit “publish” or “save” or even “save and continue editing” I always get the following error message:

‘Proxy Error
    The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
    The proxy server could not handle the request POST http://hyip-informer.com/blog/wp-admin/post.php.

The posts DO post though. I just have to hit “back” and then “view site” and everything looks fine from there. I just don’t understand why the error message.

Reason: Error reading from remote server’

I don’t believe this to be a specific version error. I got the same error prior to the upgrade.

Does anyone have any idea what causes this and what the fix could be?

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Not sure, maybe ask your hosts to see if they can help at all.

Thread Starter safensane

(@safensane)

Hi Maerk,

So, are you saying you think it’s a host problem rather than a wordpress issue?

I use Comcast Digital Broadband and haven’t had any similar problems that I can recall. I often use a proxy server (anonymizer) … but the error is there regardless of whether I use a proxy or not. It’s consistent. Although for a period of time yesterday I was receiving a 404 error … page not found. Really strange. Yet, my posts DO publish.

Thanks again for your help.

If anyone else can take a look and let me know if they have any difficulty, the blog is at http://HYIP-Informer.com/blog/

Thanks.

Thread Starter safensane

(@safensane)

Okay,

I’m having this problem AGAIN!

I did a new installation and just imported my previous data. Everything worked fine for about a week. Now I’m getting the error again.

So it can’t be a host problem. I haven’t changed hosts nor isps.

Is ANYONE having this problem?

Thanks.

I have the same problem. Either this happens or my blog doesn’t load at all. The other sections of my site does not have this problem though.

I’m not a professional on these things, but maybe this will shed some light on things.. props to GamerZ for the link.. 😉

spencerp

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘502 Proxy Error on “Publish” or “Save”’ is closed to new replies.