Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Plugin Contributor Greg Ross

(@gregross)

Check your PHP error log to see what’s happening, it could be an out of memory condition but it’s hard to tell from the error code.

Thread Starter flaxandtwine

(@flaxandtwine)

Thanks Greg. I don’t know where to find my PHP Error Log.

Plugin Contributor Greg Ross

(@gregross)

Check your php.ini file, there should be a line like:

error_log = /var/log/php-scripts.log

which will let you know where the log is stored.

(@flaxandtwine)

I received the error message. I’m not sure if there is private stuff, client number, specific site point reference, etc that I shouldn’t post here. Error message says unable to parse url in . . .wp-content/plugins/wp-statistics/includes/log/log.php on line 259.

(@gregross)

Do you get the error on the settings or optimization page?

(@flaxandtwine)

I found the error message in the PHP log. I found the link for that log in my General Settings page.

(@gregross)

That error shouldn’t happen on any page but the overview page, can you view the settings or optimization page? Or do you get the same error?

It sounds like a memory issue, what is your memory limit set to in php.ini?

(@flaxandtwine)

Greg, I am very confused about what your asking. When I click on any page of the Statistics plugin, it doesnt matter which one, I get a 502 Bad Gateway page. When I go to the PHP error log, I get what I wrote above. Are you talking about a settings and optimization page for the Statistics Plugin?

Where do I find the memory limit or the “php.ini”? I don’t know what that is. . . .

(@gregross)

WP Statistics has several pages you can select from the menu: Overview, Browsers, Countries, Hits, Exclusions, Referers, Searches, Search Words, Visitors, Pages, Optimization, Settings, Manual.

If you go to Optimization, Settings or Manual do you get the 502 error as well?

The parse_url error isn’t important, it isn’t fatal and in newer version of PHP isn’t even recorded (you’re probably using a version of PHP older than 5.3.3).

The php.ini file (http://ca1.php.net/manual/en/configuration.file.php) is part of your PHP installation, the memory_limit directive (http://ca1.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.memory-limit) sets how much memory a given script can use.

Make sure the memory_limit is set high enough for your site.

(@flaxandtwine)

I can go to the Optimization, Settings and Manual pages just fine. I cannot go to any of the others.

(@gregross)

Most likely your running out of memory then. Check you memory_limit setting.

(@flaxandtwine)

Here is what I was asked by my host provider:
    The memory limit could be changed in the wp-config.php file, or they could be talking about a setting deeper on the server. Can they confirm where this setting would be for them, as certain things pull their memory limits from certain places.

Can you clarify for me?
    Thanks, Anne

(@gregross)

The memory_limit setting is in php.ini, it cannot be set by a script but is a global setting for your instance of PHP.

(@flaxandtwine)

Greg, Here is the word back from my host:

please let the plugin developer know that with our type of platform at WPEngine we do not have a php.ini file to edit, but instead we make changes and updates for php memory_limit within the wp-config.php (thats the file that has all the configurations for your WordPress site).

I have updated the php memory limit to 128mb and you and the developer can see this information from within that file wp-config.php.

+ I have reinstalled statistics post memory limit change. I still get a bad gateway response.

Thanks Anne

(@gregross)

Go to the Statistics->Optimization page, tell me what your PHP version and cURL version are.

I found another plugin that had a similar issue with WPEngine and the cURL implementation they use (http://wordpress.org/support/topic/error-502-bad-gateway?replies=8). We don’t use curl for much, but the GeoIP code does depend on it.

Try disabling the GeoIP code, Statistics->Settings->GeoIP->GeoIP collection, and see if you can load the pages.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘502 Bad Gateway result to clicking on any page of Statistics plugin’ is closed to new replies.