• Xeareas

(@xeareas)

Hello,

I recently switched host providers from Host Gator to Go Daddy. I try to install a previous theme of mine and i receive the “500 Internal Server” error. My website is versusgaming.com and i would like to get this corrected as soon as possible. I also tried to migrate my site from Host Gator’s servers to Go Daddy’s, but it is way to confusing to me, that is why i chose to do everything again from scratch by wanting to install the theme again. If any advice could be offered on how to fix any of this it would be most helpful. I do want all of my original site migrated, but i also want something that is user friendly at the moment. Thanks in advance!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • home-remedy

(@home-remedy)

Firstly, godaddy provides much less server resources compared to hostgator… so if you are going there, be prepared to see those 500 errors from time to time.

The theme itself can be a problem as well, let us know what theme your blog was using.

Anyways, follow the following steps.

1) From your hostgator hosting, enter phpmyadmin and export your sql file.

2) Install the blog at your new godaddy hosting. Make a fresh install.

3) Enter your phpmyadmin of your new godaddy host and import your sql file.

4) Upload your theme and plugins to the
    wp-content/themes
    wp-content/plugins
    folders…

5) Activate the theme and the plugins…

everything should work properly… if not then keep us updated,
    cheers,

Thread Starter Xeareas

(@xeareas)

Thanks for the quick reply but this is what i got when i tried to import the sql:

Error
    SQL query:

— Database: xeareas_wrdp1

CREATE DATABASE xeareas_wrdp1 DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;

MySQL said:

#1044 – Access denied for user ‘ver1208807213672’@’%’ to database ‘xeareas_wrdp1’

I believe this is due to me importing the wrong sql file when i was original trying to figure this stuff out on my own. So what should i do next? Should i kill the thread? I am honestly not to sure what i should be doing at this point…

home-remedy

(@home-remedy)

It looks like the database user at godaddy, where you are importing, does not have sufficient privileges. Try giving it all the rights, and see if the import works…

alternatively, there is the xml backup option, where you export the xml file from the – wordpress admin panel, under the tools options. Then import it in the new wordpress installation… but it is better to try the sql first, as the xml does not contain all the data.

Thread Starter Xeareas

(@xeareas)

Ok how do i give it all rights? Where do i go to do this as well? Forgive me for being a noob at this

Thread Starter Xeareas

(@xeareas)

Nevermind! I was finally able to get all of my post and stuff back by following This Link! So happy now! Thanks for all of your help Home-Remedy!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘500 Server error when trying to install a theme after switching host providers’ is closed to new replies.