Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • I am also getting a 500 error.

I deleted everything. Re-added a very simple .htaccess that requires a password and a place holder webpage, and it still has the 500 error.

My site is a hosted site running apache. Does better-wp-security change something behind the scenes that I cannot change back without direct access to apache.

Found it! There is evil binary character at the beginning of my .htaccess file.

I got rid of it by creating a new file. Copying all except the first line to the new file. I manually retyped the first line. Then I deleted the evil file.

In Mingw32:less, the characters show up as <U+FEFF>. In Cygwin:more, the characters show up as <EF><BB><BF>

It either happened when I added the HackRepair.com Blacklist or the -Indexes option.

Handoko

(@handoko-zhang)

This Create Database Backup has been reported not working from some users. Most possible cause of this issue is the memory (RAM) needed is more than available (limit that your webhost give you).

My suggestion it try to use other backup plugins that able to run on low memory hosting environment. I use BackUpWordPress, which its developer said it can be run on low memory environments.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘500 Server Error’ is closed to new replies.