WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

W3 Total Cache
500 internal server errors on parent site of the Multisite (8 posts)

1. steelmaiden
    Posted 1 year ago #

Hi,

i have a strange problem. Whenever i activate the W3TC i randomly get 500 internal server errors even though all caches have been disabled.

I get these errors only on a parent site of the Multisite installation. There are no problems on any child sites.

I also tried removing everything from .htaccess that W3TC has added but the problem persists. The problem is gone after deactivating the plugin from the plugin manager.

I use the latest version of WP (3.5.1) and latest version of W3TC (0.9.2.6). I also use Cloudflare together with mod_cloudflare and its plugin installed.

The strange thing is i had similar problems with the WP Super Cache.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/w3-total-cache/

2. pxlar8
    Posted 1 year ago #

A good chance this is related to the 0.9.2.6 version. I had very similar issue on a multisite after upgrading to 0.9.2.6 just now--lots of reports of problems with the upgrade. Might be worth trying 0.9.2.5 or holding off until the upgraded version gets fixed.

3. Frederick Townes
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

What were the errors in the error logs?

4. steelmaiden
    Posted 1 year ago #

Strange but there were no errors in the cpanel's error log :/

I've upgraded to newer version now and the errors still occured but only after i enabled the page cache (disk enchanged), once disabled no errors occur.

5. Frederick Townes
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

Cpanel error log or PHP / Web Server error logs?

6. steelmaiden
    Posted 1 year ago #

Those that can be found in the error_log file in domain root.

I've found this, though im not sure that is W3TC related:

[10-Feb-2013 01:53:36 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /home/user222/public_html/wp-includes/meta.php on line 571
    [10-Feb-2013 01:53:56 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /home/user222/public_html/wp-includes/meta.php on line 574

I also tried adding this on top of wp-config.php file:
    define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

But it didnt help.

7. wpboys
    Posted 1 year ago #

Contact your hosting provider about memory problem.

8. steelmaiden
    Posted 1 year ago #

I deleted the plugin manually and removed everywthing from htaccess, cp-config and wp-content. I installed back and now it works.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.