WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] 500 Internal Server Error (8 posts)

1. mdjmuldoon
    Posted 3 months ago #

Hi,

I have come across another error on my site, last time I worked around it and was able to disable all the plugins to my wordpress. This time however it would not let me which is resulting in me struggling to access the pages (dashboard, plugins - everything along the admin lines.)
    I know it is the one plugin that has set this error up on my page, Becoming new to create and edit this site I have no back up folders or anyway to access the html versions to edit the codes.

Anyone have any idea on what I can do? Even when I log in it goes straight to 500 Internal Server Error.

2. Dave Naylor
    Posted 3 months ago #

You need to access your site either through your hosts panel software or via FTP and a client like FileZilla. If you've never used FTP before, it's relatively easy and it would be a great thing to have in your site management arsenal.

Whichever way you choose, once in your site, disable the plugin by renaming or deleting the directory.

3. TychoMonolith
    Posted 3 months ago #

You need to access your site either through your hosts panel software or via FTP and a client like FileZilla. If you've never used FTP before, it's relatively easy and it would be a great thing to have in your site management arsenal.

Concur.

Get filezilla here:

https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client

4. mdjmuldoon
    Posted 3 months ago #

I cannot seem to log into FileZilla once I have uploaded it via the link given.

5. Dave Naylor
    Posted 3 months ago #

FileZilla is like a file manager except it works across a network. All you do is install it on your computer and insert login credentials provided by your web hosts. Where did things start going wrong for you?

6. mdjmuldoon
    Posted 3 months ago #

It wouldn't log me in at all, just says cannot connect. I even have asked the IT tech to take a look but as wordpress doesn't log me on or allow me to access my dashboard at all I can't seem to show I have any login access.

7. mdjmuldoon
    Posted 3 months ago #

Thank you for your help, I resulted in asking my manager for all of the host's logins and was able to get myself around the hosts website to remove the plugin (GoDaddy).

8. TychoMonolith
    Posted 3 months ago #

Thank you for your help, I resulted in asking my manager for all of the host's logins and was able to get myself around the hosts website to remove the plugin (GoDaddy).

Good deal.

Happy bloggin'...

You must log in to post.

About this Topic