WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

500 Internal Server Error on Bluehost (5 posts)

1. hahvahdsquah
    Posted 2 years ago #

Hello - I am a new user trying to install WordPress on my site at Bluehost using Simplescripts. I will try to outline the exact steps taken and error messages received here and would appreciate any help.

1) In cpanel, go to "Software/Services" and click on WordPress.

2) Click on "Install a brand new version".

3) Select the latest version to install (3.2.1 Stable), create a custom admin name and password, uncheck the Smallbiz and Wiziapp options, click Complete

4) The installation completes and I am given an administrator login URL for WordPress. I click on that link and get this:

Error Summary
    HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
    Internal Server Error
    Detailed Error Information
    Module ManagedPipelineHandler
    Notification ExecuteRequestHandler
    Handler ExtensionlessUrl-Integrated-4.0
    Error Code 0x800703e9
    Requested URL http://localhost:50080/wp-admin
    Physical Path C:\Websites\Park Your Domain\CmsWeb\wp-admin
    Logon Method Anonymous
    Logon User Anonymous

6) I googled the problem and tried following the steps presented in this thread: https://my.bluehost.com/cgi/help/449 to no avail.

7) I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling WordPress several times with different php configurations, none of them have worked.

I am totally new to this and not sure what to do, if this problem is specific to Bluehost/Simplescript or more general. I thought the whole point of Simplescript was to have easy one-click installations...

2. ashokarorain
    Posted 2 years ago #

I recommend contact your webhost for this, as detail reason of the error will be in server log, which your hosting company can read for you.

3. bh_WP_fan
    Posted 2 years ago #

What is your site? Are your Name Servers(DNS) pointed to BlueHost?

Since BlueHost uses Linux servers only (last I checked), the C:\ path looks very much like your site is resolving somewhere other than at BlueHost.

4. hahvahdsquah
    Posted 2 years ago #

Think I figured it out - I originally bought the domain on Namecheap and got the EPP code to transfer it to Bluehost, but apparently the transfer isn't instantaneous and I have to wait 5 days. So I'm assuming trying to install WordPress before the transfer actually happens won't work.

5. Elan Technosys
    Posted 2 years ago #

Can you post your site so I can check that does your site is pointing to bluehost.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic