WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

500 internal server error + error log (4 posts)

1. Renee
    Posted 8 years ago #

I am getting a 500 server error on my whole domain. I can still access via ftp though. The error log reads .htaccess: RewriteRule: bad flag delimiters

Do I need to modify the .htaccess - if yes, how do I go about it? I can only use the ftp obviously, since the WordPress interface also shows a 500.

Thanks-Renee

2. Mark (podz)
    Support Maven
    Posted 8 years ago #

Use ftp to download then delete the .htaccess.
    Gain access first, then you can look at regenerating the rules.
    If that persists, post again with server info / host / url

3. Renee
    Posted 8 years ago #

Thanks - I was trying to do this - but I can't see the .htaccess when I access the site through ftp. I know this is a stupid question but how do I see it? thanks a bunch, R.

4. Renee
    Posted 8 years ago #

OK, got it. My site is back! Thanks :) I still have the 404 error to deal with though.

I see this in the .htaccess I downloaded:
    RewriteRule ^archives/category/(.*)/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /wp-feed.php?category_name=$1&feed=$2 [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^archives/category/?(.*) /index.php?category_name=$1 [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^archives/category/?(.*) /index.php?category_name=$1 [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^archives/author/(.*)/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /wp-feed.php?author_name=$1&feed=$2 [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^archives/author/?(.*) /index.php?author_name=$1 [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^archives/author/?(.*) /index.php?author_name=$1 [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^archives/([0-9]{4})?/?([0-9]{1,2})?/?([0-9]{1,2})?/?([_0-9a-z-]+)?/?([0-9]+)?/?$ /index.php?year=$1&monthnum=$2&day=$3&name=$4&page=$5 [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^archives/([0-9]{4})?/?([0-9]{1,2})?/?([0-9]{1,2})?/?([_0-9a-z-]+)?/?([0-9]+)?/?$ /index.php?year=$1&monthnum=$2&day=$3&name=$4&page=$5 [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^archives/([0-9]{4})/([0-9]{1,2})/([0-9]{1,2})/([_0-9a-z-]+)/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /wp-feed.php?year=$1&monthnum=$2&day=$3&name=$4&feed=$5 [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^archives/([0-9]{4})/([0-9]{1,2})/([0-9]{1,2})/([_0-9a-z-]+)/trackback/?$ /wp-trackback.php?year=$1&monthnum=$2&day=$3&name=$4 [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^feed/?([_0-9a-z-]+)?/?$ /wp-feed.php?feed=$1 [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^comments/feed/?([_0-9a-z-]+)?/?$ /wp-feed.php?feed=$1&withcomments=1 [QSA]

Is this garbled? I don't remember the numbers with $ signs.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.