I was fiddling with a download manager plugin, trying to find a decent one. Within the plugin I was able to change the URL that is shown publicly for each downloadable file.
I changed the URL to what I wanted the prefix to be and clicked Save.
The plugin then asked me to go into Settings -> Permalinks and resave the Permalinks page.
I clicked Save on the Permalinks page and then got kicked off the site completely. Everytime I try visiting my website now I get the horrible 500 Internal Server Error.
I have tried deleting the plugin via FTP. I have tried Importing a backup of my database through PHPmyadmin. But still, I cannot seem to get my head around this.
If anyone has experienced this before, or knows a fix I would be very greatful if you could let me know!!