• Resolved jiri.venera

(@jirivenera)

Hallo, I made a manually upgrade my WordPress to version 3.0, after check in daschboard, I saw that one upgrade is available, for WordPress 3.0 CZ (czech version), so I tried to start this one from dashboard. After this upgrade I receive a 500 Internal Server Error. The .htaccess file had same permission as before and same content. You can see the message on this web site: http://www.venera.cz/. I tried to rewrite wordpress files from my backup, and make a manual upgrade again. However I have still same 500 error, could You please help me?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • popper

(@julialasarte)

Hi there, I’d check the error log, to see what exactly is causing the 500 error. I you don’t know how to get to your error log, here’s a bunch of ideas.

If the only content in your .htaccess file is the WordPress mod rewrite block, then delete .htaccess and see if you can get back into admin. If there are other server directives, copy them and paste into a newly created .htaccess file using your FTP client to make the new file. If you just delete .htaccess, then recreate permalinks from within WordPress.

Thread Starter jiri.venera

(@jirivenera)

Hallo, I tried to disable all plug-ins (also delete to content directory with plug-ins), delete the .htaccess (also delete content of .htaccess). But still I have the 500 error :o(.

However, the root of this cause was in wrong permissions. When I change all of them to 755 I have WordPress back and operational. :o)

Thanks jiri. I tried many things when I got the 500 error occurring for no obvious reason. What worked was changing the permissions of about 1/2 my site (I got nervous about security half way through and stopped the process). Cheers.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘500 Internal Server Error after automatic upgrade’ is closed to new replies.