• I get this error message when I try to go to the login.
    Would really appreciate some help!!

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@amypyecreative.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Moderator t-p

(@t-p)

There can be a number of reasons for an Internal Server Error. Here are some thing you can do to solve it:
    ■ The most likely issue is a corrupted .htaccess file. Log in to your site root using FTP and rename your .htaccess file to .htaccess_old. Try loading your site to see if this has solved your problem. If it works, make sure to visit Settings > Permalinks and reset your permalinks. This will generate a new .htaccess file for you.
    ■ Try deactivating all of your Plugins to see if it is a Plugin issue. If you are unable to access your WordPress Administration Screens, deactivate your Plugins via FTP by following these instructions.
    ■ Switch the Theme to the WordPress Twenty Twelve Theme to eliminate any Theme-related problems.
    ■ Increase the PHP Memory limit
    ■ Try re-uploading the wp-admin and wp-includes folders from a fresh install of WordPress.

Thread Starter amypye

(@amypye)

Thank you SO, so much for the reply. I suspect you’re right about the .htaccess file. When I go to http://www.amypyecreative.com/wp-admin I get the error, but when I change it to _old I get a 404 Page Not Found from HostGator. Am I still doing something wrong?

Try checking your site’s error logs for a more specific error message. Your hosts should be able to help you in accessing your site’s error logs.

Thread Starter amypye

(@amypye)

I feel like I’m getting closer!!

This is my error log:
    [13-Feb-2013 23:41:04] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘>’ in /home/amypye/public_html/wp-content/themes/theme1946/footer.php on line 28
    [13-Feb-2013 23:41:23] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘<‘ in /home/amypye/public_html/wp-content/themes/theme1946/footer.php on line 28
    [13-Feb-2013 23:42:45] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/amypye/public_html/wp-content/themes/theme1946/footer.php on line 56

This is line 28:
    <strong><a>/" title="<?php bloginfo('description'); ?>" class="site-name"><?php bloginfo('name'); ?></a></strong> <p>© <?php echo date ('Y'); ?> <i>|</i> <a>/privacy-policy/" title="Privacy Policy"><?php _e('Privacy Policy', 'theme1946'); ?></a> <?php if( is_front_page() ) { ?><?php } ?></p>

And this is line 56:
    <?php } ?>

I’m not super code savvy… Really appreciate the help. If need be I will contact my host.

The code you posted for line 28 is completely malformed. Are you sure that’s correct?

Thread Starter amypye

(@amypye)

I believe so – but maybe that’s why I’m having issues? I tried taking the whole thing out and nothing changed.

Try switching to the default theme by renaming your current theme’s folder inside wp-content/themes and adding “-old” to the end of the folder name using FTP or whatever file management application your host provides.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘500 Internal Server Error’ is closed to new replies.