WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] 500 Internal Server Error (3 posts)

1. 420DankStank
    Posted 1 year ago #

OMG HELP! Saturday my site was working, and today (Monday) it is not. I am getting a 500 error. Not sure what happened.

I have checked my error logs. I have Out of Memory logs, so I tried to add a define code to my wp-config.php file

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M')

No help.

I am also getting an error:

syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /htdocs/wordpress/wp-config.php on line 24

Line 24 is the Database name.

define('DB_NAME', 'wordpress');
    It should be correct. I haven't changed it and I have had this site for a while. I checked the phpmyAdmin site to see if the database name changed there, but it is still 'wordpress'.

I can't log into the WP dashboard, I can't view the site on the front end. I can't find the error. I tried calling my host: CBeyond. They said that it looked like a PHP5 error, but wouldn't give me any further explanation and said they should get it fixed within 24 hours. I highly doubt that the issue will be fixed by them soon as they couldn't successfully restore my site from a back up. I have back up data from UpdraftPlus that I can try to install, but I didn't want to have to delete everything and start from scratch.

Any help?

2. Andrew Bartel
    Posted 1 year ago #

Looks like you missed the semicolon at the end of the memory limit line. You can try editing your config file with an ftp program like filezilla.

3. 420DankStank
    Posted 1 year ago #

OMG! THANK YOU! The little things make all the difference. That helped allocate more memory allowing my web page to work!

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic