Support » Plugin: TablePress - Tables in WordPress made easy » 500 Internal Server Error

• Resolved rsantos182

(@rsantos182)

I was editing a cell on the tablepress plugin and was trying to see if I could use some code to direct it to a link and opening in a new window with nofolow. As soon as I pressed save it all went to S%$&%$/

Deleted the plugin in cPanel but problem continues 🙁

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!!

The complete message:
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, ****.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/tablepress/

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Plugin Author TobiasBg

(@tobiasbg)

Hi,

thanks for your post, and sorry for the trouble.

I’m not entirely sure, but I don’t think that this is related to TablePress. I come to this conclusion as you say that this issue continues now, even after deactivating and deleting TablePress. This means that no TablePress code is active that cause such problems.

To find the reason for this, I suggest that you take a look at the server error log, where you should find more information, like an error message. If you don’t have access to the log files yourself, you should contact the support of your webhost company.

Regards,
    Tobias

Thread Starter rsantos182

(@rsantos182)

Hi Tobias.

thanks for your quick reply. Already contacted the webhost to assist.

For me it was strange that the plugin would cause this, but still it was a strange coincidence.

Even so I’m trying to delete any possible table left from the plugin, but I can’t understand were to go. I know its in th ” “wp_posts”table in your WordPress database, as a Custom Post Type of “tablepress_table” but to be honest I have no idea were this is… 🙁

Thanks again for your quick reply

Plugin Author TobiasBg

(@tobiasbg)

Hi,

it’s good that you have contacted your webhost! Let’s hope that they find something in the log files! If they do, please let me know.

About deleting all TablePress tables (which shouldn’t change anything):
    Yes, those are stored in the “wp_posts” table in the database, as a “tablepress_table” Custom Post Type. To access (or delete) these, you’ll need a database management tool, like PHPMyAdmin, or similar, which you can likely access trough cPanel as well.

Regards,
    Tobias

Thread Starter rsantos182

(@rsantos182)

OK, looked in to the server error and it was a problem in htacess file.

Solved and back to install the great Tablepress! 🙂

Thanks!

Plugin Author TobiasBg

(@tobiasbg)

Hi,

that’s good news! 🙂 Good to hear that you were able to find the origina cause of this!

Have fun with TablePress then!

Best wishes,
    Tobias

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘500 Internal Server Error’ is closed to new replies.