WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Backup Scheduler
[resolved] 500 Internal Server Error (7 posts)

1. ArkGuestBlog
    Posted 1 year ago #

Last night from my blog's dashboard I clicked to install the latest version of Backup Scheduler (v1.4.1). I have never had a problem updating before, but this time the installation never completed and when I try to view the blog I get the 500 Internal Server Error below. Hoping you can help me get my blog back!

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

----------------------------------------------------------

Apache Server at arkansasguesthouse.com Port 80

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/backup-scheduler/

2. Sed Lex
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

Yes ... I will help you for sure

First let's try to have your blog back and after we will understand why the problem appears

Do you have an FTP access to your blog ? If so, please delete the following folder wp-content/plugins/backup-scheduler

Once it is done your blog will rework...

We then will undertsnadd this issue

3. Sed Lex
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

Nevertheless I understand you manage to solve your problem by yourslef as arkansasguesthouse.com works no ?

4. Sed Lex
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

5. Sed Lex
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

Wonderful ... according to what I saw on your blog, you successfully removed the plugin and your blog is back.
    We temporarly solve the problem

Now let's try really to solve your issue, it would be ideal if you contact me at sedlex at sedlex fr in order to discuss a way to do it

Regards

6. ArkGuestBlog
    Posted 1 year ago #

Correct. I have the blog in a different folder from the main website, and they are backup up separately. (Maybe this is unnecessary if the main site backup also backs up the blog folder? I do not know.) I updated the main website Backup Scheduler to v1.4.1 with no problem. Then I went to the blog, which has its own WP theme and backup folder, and tried to back that up. That's when the problem appeared.

(I created the blog several months before the rest of the website, so that's why the blog is separate from the main website, uses a different WP theme, separate backup, etc.)

I have updated the backup plugin for both the main folder and the blog folder many times in the past with no problem, but this time the blog folder "crashed" for some reason.

I used FTP to delete the backup-scheduler folder and the blog is there again! Merci!!

Now I need to get the backup working again. And, as you say, perhaps determine what went wrong yesterday.

7. Sed Lex
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

Ok a temporary fix has been found for ArkGuestBlog.
    Nevetherless, I will wait few days to see if it oslves the issues for the other people

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic

Tags