• I have been running wordpress/php/mysql on Windows 2003 server with IIS6 with no problems. We are now trying to get a Windows 2008 / IIS7 server running MySQL 5.5 and PHP Version 5.4.7.
    I was able to get everything cooperating to the point that I can browse to myphpadmin and view the mysql database. Also phpinfo.php displays info as it should. I then unpacked wordpress to the test site folder. When I attempt to browse to http://test-site/wp-admin/install.php I get the following error:

500 – Internal server error.
    There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

I am assuming that something is wrong in the php.ini file but am not sure what lines should be uncommented. I should add that the IIS7 hosted site and PHP directory are on a seperate drive.

C:/Program Files/MySQL
    C:/inetpub/wwwroot/phpinfo.php
    C:/inetpub/wwwroot/phpmyadmin/index.php
    D:/PHP\php.ini
    D:/wordpress_test_site/wp-admin/install.php

Anybody have any ideas?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Kindly contact your web host to fix this.

Thread Starter rldegg

(@rldegg)

Thanks for your prompt reply. I work for a small ISP and we are the web host. We have only a handful of wordpress sites and on the previous platform they have installed and run like clockwork. As I understand it the newest version of PHP has greater security enhancements. It is for that reason that we decided to move to the latest and greatest version of PHP & MySQL. The Windows 2003/IIS6 platform would not support MySQL 5.5….thus the move to Windows 2008/IIS7/MySQL 5.5/Wordpress 3.4.2. Herein lies the problem. All the documentation I find on for uncommenting lines of the php.ini are referring to previous versions of php. I have difficulty finding the required info specific to PHP 5.4.7 on Windows. To further complicate matters is the fact that wwwroot is on a different drive than the hosted test-site. A look at the previous posts directory info shows that every php file on C: (ie phpinfo.php and phpmyadmin/index.php) is functioning fine. Only when I try to go to a php file on D:(ie wp-admin/install.php)do I then have a problem. It seems that install.php is not finding something it is looking for. It is for this reason I suspect that I have something wrong with the php.ini file, or php.ini is not being found. The php files on C: are finding php.ini on D: just fine.

What is the error you see in the server logs?

Use the server’s Internet explorer to run the installation script.
    Its difficult to predict whether you will get an answer here, its actually inclined towards Windows server than WordPress.

You can ask on Stack Overflow in parallel.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘500 – Internal server error.’ is closed to new replies.