WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

500 Internal SErver Error (7 posts)

1. CornfloweriD
    Posted 3 years ago #

I have just moved my wordpress site from http://cornflowermusic.com/new
    to the root directory at: http://cornflowermusic.com/

I lost my background image and when I went in to re-upload it I get this when I hit submit:

500 - Internal server error.
    There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

I have no idea who to turn to or how to figure this out... anyone willing to help me.

I am using Organic Themes Structure Theme Premium...
    and trying to upload a new background image in the "Custom Background" area within the Appearances tab.

Thanks for anyone willing to help me.

In Gratitude,
    Cornflower

2. Tara
    Posted 3 years ago #

3. CornfloweriD
    Posted 3 years ago #

I did all of this, except for the .htaccess, and I have NO IDEA how to access this file or edit it. Any hints? Thanks @t-p

4. Tara
    Posted 3 years ago #

If you are unable to find a .htaccess file, set your FTP or SFTP client to view invisible files.

5. CornfloweriD
    Posted 3 years ago #

I already have done that, still unable to find it.

6. CornfloweriD
    Posted 3 years ago #

If anyone else is willing to help me with this it would be so appreciated. The main issue now is the Custom BAckground image. I cannot get it to upload a new version or reconnect with the originbal image file which I have looked at in the media library and it is correctly located in the new uploads folder.

7. Tara
    Posted 3 years ago #

-make sure images are not blocked by hotlink protection, contact your webserver.
    - check path in Admin => Settings => Media
    - make sure wp-content/upload folder is writable (try 766, 767, or 777 permission).

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic