WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

500 Internal Server Error (10 posts)

1. esrumpyt
    Posted 7 years ago #

Okay. Ive done the 5 min. installation, and everythings seems to be okay, but when I after the installation have to login, a site, instead of the login-page show up.

" Found
    The document has moved here.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. "

Whatam I supposed to do?

http://www.esrumpyt.be/blog

2. spencerp
    Posted 7 years ago #

If you were using 2.0.5. Try this, and that.. Good luck!

spencerp

3. esrumpyt
    Posted 7 years ago #

Didnt help :S God know whats wrong. Ill just go back to 2.0.4

4. YorchMtz
    Posted 7 years ago #

going back to 2.0.4 could not be a good idea for security reasons as posted in the links given by SPENCERP :-)

iF you have no problems to think about security issues then you can go back, iF your site is not higlhy suspect to hack :-P

(I'm trying to fix it too )

5. YorchMtz
    Posted 7 years ago #

LAST UPDATE + + +

What I did in the last 25 minutes:

// Deactivated the pulgin suggested

// I copied and pasted the SAME wordpress folder from my domain ONE to one folder into myDOMAIN2, using the same server (to save time instead upload everything again)

// I reviewed the 777 permissions ti the folder /contents

// I reconfigured the "wp-config.php adding a prefix to use the same database

// I went to the url "install" to install it

Succsess! it works now. The Error 500 has gone so I ran to the first installation and...

// I reconfigured the FIRST "wp-config.php used in my First installation (the same that gave me this Error 500) to use it in the same database adding a prefix. "Basicly I did the same as the before posted".

// I 'install it' and I login, I write , I test and it works now.

----- I don't know if this works for the errors of other users, because my Error 500 was raised when I tried Add comments or browsing pages. Just was my personal experience, this is not a Fix Key :-)

6. YorchMtz
    Posted 7 years ago #

Other one Update :-)

I was testing and re- testing the install. I'm not upgrading from 2.0.4 to 2.0.5 my tests are made like new installation. I will update it soon using a current 2.0.4 version in onse site of mine but I don't know what will happen. :-P

I made a new install in one new database, using a different webhost server, everything fresh and new. 2.0.5 works without Error. I hope all to be a "small minority" like this previous link says it http://markjaquith.wordpress.com/2006/10/28/some-wordpress-205-users-reporting-server-500-error

+

7. YorchMtz
    Posted 7 years ago #

---
    and............... check the .htaccess
    I modified the mine, the paths of it and I found interesting results wtih that file, and my wordpress 2.0.5 works good by now (,")

8. spencerp
    Posted 7 years ago #

It appears that esrumpyt is going to go back to 2.0.4.. =/ Um, I'm wondering if this thread could be marked as [Resolved] now, or..? Anyone care to agree?

spencerp

9. esrumpyt
    Posted 7 years ago #

Alright! ive been away for some time. Thanks for the help, ill try everything :)

10. spencerp
    Posted 7 years ago #

@esrumpyt, Ok.. let us know how things work, ok? And if something DOES work, can you change the status of the thread to [Resolved] please..? Thanks..and again, Good luck!

spencerp

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic