Support » Fixing WordPress » 500 Internal Error!

• Resolved mtnbike_chick

(@mtnbike_chick)

Hope a good soul out there can help me please.

I have searched the forums but not found exactly the answers that I need.

For some reason, this morning, my site http://www.fitfastfoods.com is not loading, I get an “500 Internal error”. I have contacted my web host and it’s not an issue on their end. In fact, I have another installation of Worpress on the same site but different directory and it works just fine.

What can I do to pinpoint and correct the problem?

Appreciate any tips the experts can offer!

Thanks,

Danielle

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Ask them to look at the error logs for your site.

Thread Starter mtnbike_chick

(@mtnbike_chick)

I believe they did… Is this something I can double check myself? Thanks!

Do you have access to your site’s error logs? (That’s what you’d need to ask them about if you’re not sure how to do that 🙂 )

(@mtnbike_chick)

It’s weird because when I refresh a page, it loads but it won’t load at the first try…

You could also try deactivating all plugins as they can sometimes be problematic – see:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Login_Trouble#Disable_Plugins

Also, see if you have the same problem using the default twentytwelve theme with no plugins…

(@mtnbike_chick)

I do not have error logs enabled on my site at this point unfortunately from what I can see… do you really think it could be a plug-in issue? I think I will try the default theme idea first, would be quicker right? thanks!

What hosting provider do you use?

(@mtnbike_chick)

I’m with Go Daddy for this site….

Go daddy needs to honestly check your site, if they wont help you and its something you cant get a fixed, I recommend a different host.

Totally agree with the above, but you might also see:

http://support.godaddy.com/help/article/1197/working-with-error-logs

(@mtnbike_chick)

thanks so much guys… been snooping around the Go Daddy forums and it looks like someone else is having the exact same issue as me, and someone’s indicating that Go Daddy upgraded their Apache server recently which has caused some issues for some people. I am going to go back to them now and push them for help/answers. Otherwise, a switch may be in order, this is not acceptable! Thanks for your help and let me know if you think or hear of anything else 🙂

Your welcome.

(@mtnbike_chick)

Well, here’s a quick update. I have called and emailed customer support and nothing’s working 🙁 They keep saying it’s a WordPress issue basically.

Am considering switching hosting companies… I have an account with Bluehost but no live site yet with them, would they be any better in your opinion? I also want to make sure it works from a cost standpoint since I already paid Go Daddy for hosting for a year…

Thanks!

So have you deactivated all plugins via FTP (rename the plugins folder) and also changed the name on the theme you are using so WP uses the default theme?

Those are very standard troubleshooting steps…

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘500 Internal Error!’ is closed to new replies.