Support » Fixing WordPress » 500 errors showing for my pages, contact form, about me, and archived categories

• All the page links, contact form, about me, and also category links from within my blog are showing 500 error when trying to view.

The error log from within my CP is not showing anything at all…

Suggestions ?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • If you log in and set your Permalinks back to Default to those links then work?

You might check that Permalinks page for troubleshooting tips.

Your site shows me that it has been infected with a virus. When I try to open your About page, I get the 500 error and a Threat detected. Try opening your site in Firefox and clicking on your About page with Firefox so you can see the threat.

You need to fix and secure your website immediately.

Also, please run this security report on your website:

http://www.unmaskparasites.com/security-report/

Scroll down to the Obfuscated script. You will see it the malicious code on your site there.

document.write(unescape(‘%3C%73%63%72%69%70%74%20%6C%61%6E%67%75%61%67%65%3D%22%6A%61%76%61%73%63%7…

There are a ton of links crammed into the footer — and hidden as well. Are those intentional?

View Source on the main page and look at the very bottom.

Thread Starter TaoGem

(@taogem)

Wow… I too am now seeing the pop up virus window..

Chris… I can’t view my page source. The page is blank.

Changed the Permalinks back to default. That did result in the pages opening, but with the added virus pop up window.

wpsecuritylock.. I do see that Obfuscated script. Not sure what I am suppose to do now.

Never had this happen before.

What are some steps that I can take to “fix and secure” the site ?

TasGem – your index page isn’t blank. You can see the issue there.

Give this a read for some tips and links: FAQ_My_site_was_hacked

Thread Starter TaoGem

(@taogem)

Ok.. Looks like my hosting service got her fixed..

The script was within my index.php file and in the header file under my theme.

They also sent a link about this specific attack.

Chris.. I believe the links you asked about within the footer are from a Tag Cloud widget..

Also, updated to 2.9.1 and changed my password.

Thanks you guys for jumping in and helping.

Greatly appreciated !!

Chris.. I believe the links you asked about within the footer are from a Tag Cloud widget..

Nope 🙂 I’m pretty good at recognizing WP stuff. Fortunately, those links are gone now as well.

Glad you got it sorted out.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘500 errors showing for my pages, contact form, about me, and archived categories’ is closed to new replies.