WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

500 error, and wp log-in is gone, as well as my blog (5 posts)

1. HenleStudio
    Posted 7 years ago #

Hi,
    I have had such great success so far with all of my tweaks, but last night, editing the sidebar.php in Misty-101 theme, I suddenly recieved an error page...internal server error or misconfig...same as others , after much back-tracking, I discovered I had erased a " ' " and replaced it...but still got the error message...then I was unable to even get to my dashboard!
    I backed up the database, downloaded the 2.05, re-installed it, made sure permissions were set to 777, re-config. the config.php page to username, pass, and still get nowhere. Still same message:

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@henlestudio.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I tried my best to make sense of the error log (how in hell do you even find line 324??!...and do you count the lines in between, or only actual code lines?)

I checked in my X-panel My SQL, and asked it to troubleshoot/repair, and it stated that all the files were OK...I noticed that my name in the admin for sql was different than my username and pass for my X Panel log-in...but neither worked in the config.php files. One error page from WP said that the4 server was saying that there was no such directory- and it suggested that I had a wrong username/password, or that my server was down.
    Ok, so it's obvious by now that I am very new to all the coding. I have basic understanding, but error pages are beyond me. I have no clue how to fix this...and my journal is gone. I can't even log into WP support, because it says my username & pass are invalid. Had to create a new one.

HELPPPP!!!

Please!

my journal is supposed to be here:
    http://www.henlestudio.com/artjournal

I am hosted by YRhost, and have had no problem installing WP in past..the mysql (or whatever) auto-configured everything like a dream. I have the wp folder under hs.com/cecilia/public_html/artjournal

2. MichaelH
    Posted 7 years ago #

May try commenting-out line 268 in wp-includes/pluggable-functions.php to see if that solves the problem.

Additional resource:
    The infamous 2.0.5 error 500 fix/plugin

3. HenleStudio
    Posted 7 years ago #

Errrr...ok, what is "commenting out" and how do I do this?

See how very new, squeeky clean shiny brand new penny new newbie newbie new..

Commenting Out now.
    :)

and thank you.....

4. HenleStudio
    Posted 7 years ago #

Ok- I just tried the plug in, and even after tryping it in manually to the browser, I still get the error page, and can't get to my dash or log in.

5. MichaelH
    Posted 7 years ago #

Well if you can't login to activate the plugin, then you need to use a text editor and put two forward slashes at the front of line 268 in the php script file wp-includes/pluggable-functions.php. This trick is described in comment 20 on that link to the plugin I provided earlier.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic