Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hi,

If you are not using permalinks as described here http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Permalinks you would not necessarily need the .htaccess file. I would contact yahoo support about the 500 errors as that is a general server error and can mean a lot of different things many of which would not have anything to do with your wordpress site.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
    Chad

Thread Starter hkwhelan

(@hkwhelan)

Hi, Chad,
    I’ve tried yahoo several times hoping to get a different answer but they say this is a WordPress issue.

That’s why I pasted the code into Pastebin hoping to get help from someone who might see an error with our permalinks or .htaccess code.

Could you see the code in Pastebin?

Hi,

I did but that output is from one of the admin php files. Your .htaccess would look something like this:

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>
    # END WordPress

Unless you have done some real custom work on your .htaccess file I don’t think that is likely the issue. 500 errors can be from memory over usage, server error, coding errors etc… It doesn’t sound like you have been doing any custom work here.

Another option is to turn off any and all plugins and turn them on one at a time to see if any trigger the behavior. Since those are outside the core code for wordpress they can cause issues as well.

Unfortunately your host has the best info on this in their log files. Sorry they are not being more helpful.

Cheers,
    Chad

Thread Starter hkwhelan

(@hkwhelan)

Chad,

I got access to our logs and it is saying this:

I see a drop down menu in setting time is that what I’m supposed to change for EST?

It is not safe to rely on the system’s timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected ‘UTC’ for ‘GMT/0.0/no DST’ instead in /yahooadmin/libraries/db_info.inc.php on line 88

Thread Starter hkwhelan

(@hkwhelan)

Chad,

I selected “New York” versus UTC-5 in Settings>Timezone. Is that correct and what was causing the problem?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘500 error and can't login in’ is closed to new replies.