WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] 500 Error (3 posts)

1. kriscon78
    Posted 1 year ago #

I am getting a 500 error when I try to manage my blog. It happened right after I activated a child theme. I navigated to wp-contents/themes to try and delete the last theme I activated or change its name.. something I thought would force the default theme to activate. I am not able to open, edit, delete, or change the name of the theme. Is there any other way to force another theme to activate or anything else I can do to fix this error?

2. kriscon78
    Posted 1 year ago #

This was in the scripts log.. not sure if this helps:

[05-Feb-2013 21:44:51] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare is_wp_version() (previously declared in /blog/wp-content/themes/Supermoms Design Website/functions.php:18) in /blog/wp-content/themes/d5-design-extend/functions.php on line 27

Supermoms Designs is the "child theme". When I try to go into that file, my host gives me an error but I can get into all the files for the other themes.

I am new to all this.. as you can tell.

3. kriscon78
    Posted 1 year ago #

I got it.. and it was a great feeling to do it on my own. The only way I knew the scriptlog was checking this site. SO while no one answered this one, the answers on the other posts help me out.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic