WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

500 Error (1 post)

1. domme_in_indy
    Posted 9 years ago #

I have checked/done everything so far described in related threads.

I have a problem much similar to tall of the ones already described. I can post one or two posts a day, and suddenly I get a 500 error. I try to repost, start completely over from scratch, delete and reinstall wordpress, it doesn't work. I tried changing file permissions, I tried posting shorter posts, and I can neither publish nor save as a draft. I can edit existing posts. I am transferring an old blog, so I needed to be able to post something like 40 entries editing the time stamp, and after the first few times I thought perhaps the timestamp was a problem. That didn't help. This morning, for some ungodly reason, this morning, I was able to post maybe 20 posts, without changing the timestamp, and changing them later, but eventually it errored out in the same way.

I've seen other posts that say 500 is generic and you have to check your logs... I need to know how to check error logs on a cpanel type system, or where I would find them surfing by ftp, as I've never had to deal wtih this before.

I greatly appreciate anything you all can help me with,
    thanks,
    Erin

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.