• Flashmint has just started a contest for designers and bloggers. I believe it will be interesting for the wordpress community.

Here are the details:
    Create a wordpress theme for Flashmint Blog and win a $500 prize.
    All other participants’ designs will be showcased at Flashmint blog along with links to authors’ websites.

Requirements:
    • 3 columns;
    • fixed width (1024*768 resolution) and widget support;
    • coded;
    • the colors and style of the theme should correspond to Flashmint design!

Full contest rules, details and a submission form can be found here – Flashmint Contest

Terms: August, 1 – September, 1
    Payment method: PayPal

Hurry up! There is not much time left!

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What SEO Company are you in? nice strategy… 🙂

Sounds like fun! Great way of marketing too, not to mention a great way to get a custom design on the cheap!

If they had a contest that didn’t require such a wide fixed width, I might enter! Probably lose though, there are so many talented themers out there.

Can I enter someone elses theme?

Thread Starter 794916

fp.darren,

Thanks for your kind words. But we do not make use of any seo companies 🙂

Thread Starter 794916

pkenjora,

I do not think that someone else will be happy if you use his/her theme for the contest 🙂

Thread Starter 794916

RoseCitySister,

What is the matter with the width? Why does it prevent you from entering the contest?

Win $100-$800 in Cash at Flashmint Contest!
    […] Bring the largest number of visitors to our website from August, 1st till September, 1st! The prizes are $300, $200 and $100 for the bloggers who will have attracted the first, second, third largest number of visitors respectively. […]

I agree with fp.darren ↑ . This are more like marketing hype than design contest . good luck, I like the magic word$.

Thread Starter 794916

2 chaoskaizer,

We just wanted to kill two birds with one stone 🙂

One of my pet peeves, is all. I don’t like wide fixed widths – I never design a fixed width wider than 750px. Otherwise, with a smaller screen you get a sizeable horizontal scroll. Some people still use the smaller monitors, and laptops often have a much smaller screen.

Like I said though, I probably would have no chance against the many, many talented artists the community has. But it would still be fun – maybe I’ll enter a liquid 3-column design and see if it changes your mind? 😉

The OP offers pre-made site templates on their site and if you want modified them… the price is around $300.

And now they want a custom coded WP theme for $500. I think the real price starts at 3 or 4 times that amount 🙂

just my $0.02

Thread Starter 794916

RoseCitySister,

It will be great if you enter your design.

Thread Starter 794916

moshu,

As you could notice, Flashmint offers custom design services either. Therefore, this is not a problem for us to design the theme for our blog ourselves. The purpose of this contest is not to get a design for 3 or 4 times cheaper that it should, but to have fun and enliven design community.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘$500 contest for WordPress themes designers’ is closed to new replies.