• I had just deleted a few Pages, and was in the process of adding a new one. I was typing in some text into the new Page, and I may have just pasted in some text, and then I saw an ‘Error’, but there was no error message beyond the word ‘Error’. But below the Page text entry area was a ‘Welcome to the Famous 5-Minute Install”.

I clicked the Save button at the bottom of the page to save my text, but now whenever I try to go to my site, whether it be the end-user page or the wp-admin page, it redirects immediately to the /wp-admin/install.php page, and that page returns a “Failed to open page” error.

I upgraded to WordPress 2.3 yesterday. Everything went fine and my WordPress site has been doing great until now. Anyone know what might have happened and how to get my site working again?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Thread Starter mzupan

(@mzupan)

Now everything is back to normal, but I didn’t do anything. I don’t know what just happened, and I don’t want it to happen again. Anyone else experience anything like this?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘5 minute install appeared when editing a Page’ is closed to new replies.