WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Jetpack by WordPress.com
4500 database rows by Jetpack... Thanks, guys! (5 posts)

1. Barış Ünver
    Posted 3 years ago #

I found out that Jetpack doesn't delete its "nonces" (created in wp_options). I saw 4500 database rows starting with "jetpack_nonce_...".

I just wanted to thank the developers.

2. Stefan Coast
    Posted 3 years ago #

Hmmm I only had 300 or so "jetpack_nonce_..." in my wp_options table.
    Anyone know if I can safely delete them all?

3. Adam Capriola
    Posted 3 years ago #

Yes you can delete them, and is there going to be any fix for this soon?

4. gorky5
    Posted 2 years ago #

I'm getting fed up with this too - I keep having to keep my wp_options table clean of the jetpack_nonce junk that keeps piling up - literally dozens of entries every day. This is one badly-coded plugin.

I'd quite happily ditch Jetpack but I rely on the shortcodes element for audio, video and polls. I've looked for alternatives but couldn't find one that would work out of the box. The only other part of this bloated plugin that I use are stats, which I could get from Jetpack Lite (though I've no idea if having that would solve the nonce problem).

Can anyone clever write a plugin that will scan wp_options for jetpack_nonce_ entries, automatically delete them and optimize the table? Otherwise I'll have to keep running Clean Options every day or two to keep my site running smoothly.

5. Michael Adams (mdawaffe)
    Plugin Author

Posted 2 years ago #

Sorry we missed this thread. We've never heard of this problem before.

There is code in Jetpack to clean up these nonces already; it runs on a WP Cron hook.

For those of you experiencing this problem, do other WordPress functions that depend on WP Cron function? For example, are you able to schedule future dated posts and have them appear automatically at the scheduled time?

Thanks for your help in fixing this problem.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic

Tags