WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Latest Tweets Widget
[resolved] 410 (gone) status (4 posts)

1. LJ902
    Posted 11 months ago #

Hi Tim

First off, great plugin - using it on a couple of client site and it works like a charm. With that said I've run into an issue on a client site that has me stumped. I've set the plugin up and that all seems fine - I'm authenticated as my clients Twitter account. I've also dropped in the widget and configured it - all looks OK.

However, nothing shows up on the front end. The wrapping html is prented by the plugin but no tweets. The reason for this is that according to Chrom dev tools, the plugin is generating a 410 (gone) error because it's trying to connect to the API v1 instead of the API v1.1. This is the URL it's trying to access (client twitter handle obfuscated:

http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/user_timeline.json?screen_name=XXXXXXXXXX&count=1&include_rts=1&page=1&include_entities=1&callback=jQuery17107714999369345605_1375110872797&_=1375110873094

I figured this plugin would only try and connect to v1.1 so I'm not sure what's happening here. I can can PM the client site to you if it will help diagnose the issue.

Many thanks

http://wordpress.org/plugins/latest-tweets-widget/

2. timwhitlock
    Plugin Author

Posted 11 months ago #

It does only connect to the API 1.1. This is in fact hard-coded into a constant TWITTER_API_BASE

You must be using another plugin. Others on this forum have mixed the plugin up with another with a similar name.

3. LJ902
    Posted 11 months ago #

Apologies Tim - you were right. It wasn't a WP plugin per se but clearly at some point in the distant past I had added a mini jQuery based twitter feed into the theme which I'd overlooked and was causing the error and you plugin to break.

Thanks for your time (and sorry to have wasted it!)

Cheers

4. timwhitlock
    Plugin Author

Posted 11 months ago #

no problem. glad you sorted it !

You must log in to post.

About this Plugin

About this Topic