• I get this error when trying to turn off trackbacks:

Not Acceptable
    An appropriate representation of the requested resource /wp-admin/options.php could not be found on this server.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What are the permissions you have set for that file?

Thread Starter slbc

(@slbc)

755, what should it be?

I’m getting the same error all of a sudden, but for post.php.

The correct permissions should be 666 or 766, I believe.

Tried that and then some. No luck.

Thread Starter slbc

(@slbc)

Same. nothing here.

Contact your host for support, they can fix this.

It was my host. They’d set up some spam filters for WP and MT, but the filters weren’t playing well together. Problem solved.

I’ve encountered the same thorny problem. What happens is that the hosting company decided to use something like mod_security to deflect possible spam-tainted data before it reaches the Apache server. Problem is, when people have a list of ban words and try to update WP’s options (../wp-admin/options.php), mod_security sees that list and thinks it’s spam-tainted. This occurs even when you’re not trying to change the blacklisted words, because the form sends out all the data including the list. Deleting the list should solve the problem but at the cost of bloggers not having control over what to ban.

In my case I tried to get Total Choices Hosting to help me, but got a “well, that’s the way things are” response.

Would it be possible for our great WP developers to issue an advisory to the hosting companies on the Right Thing to Do? (As for me I’m starting to contemplate moving to another service.)

Wow this stinks. I have three sites hosted with TotalChoiceHosting.com including my school’s and all have WP blogs. I just emailed the support team for confirmation and/or a workaround. I do *NOT* want to have to change hosts……..grrrrrr

-kj-

Hey guys, it’s slbc (I can’t login for some reason)

I am with Total Choice also, and they fixed the problem for me. That’s strange that they couldn’t do anything for you?

2 hours looking for the mistake. Its really funny thing, but some hostings have activate something that make the problem on apache. Look, i dont know if is only my solution or for all, you must try whith this to check if is the same thing.

in any form with textlabel or textarea if u put the words “select from” the script die! i hope that the problem doesnt exist here to read me….

and “select from” kill the script on any place of the area.

For example if the textbox is:

select from
    xxx select from xxx
    xxx xxx select xxx xxx from xxxx

with all die!

try it and tell me if the same thing.

sorry my english!

PD: Any solution???

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘406 When Trying To Change Options.php’ is closed to new replies.