• Resolved gatehousedesign

(@gatehousedesign)

Hi there,

I LOVE your plugin. Thank you. I use Dreamhost and have migrated a few sites with Duplicator all easily and with no problems. I have had issues with other hosts. Today however I ran into a problem with the zip file not being created which gives me a 404 when I click on the download package button. I checked the snapshots folder and no .zip file. I checked the log and got this message:

WARNING: ZipArchive Class did not close successfully. This server or hosted segement might have a disk quota limit.
    Please check your disk space usage to make sure you can store this zip file successfully.

The only thing that has changed is my upgrading to the latest version of WP 3.5.2. I have used this host without a problem before and I have also tried deactivating all other plugins (there are very few).

Just thought I would mention it as I saw a few others reporting similar issues this past week and I don’t want you to lose users if there’s something that it’s easy for us to do to fix it.

Again, great plugin. Thank you.

-Alice

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/duplicator/

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Nothing is usually “easy” to fix… 🙂

Did you make sure you have plenty of disk space on your sandbox? If you want to submit a support ticket I can look at it in more detail if you want…

Thread Starter gatehousedesign

(@gatehousedesign)

I heard back from Dreamhost and they say I need to install PECL Zip for it to work. But the weird thing is that it has worked perfectly many times before.

(@gatehousedesign)

In fact it worked perfectly this week for a site that I staged on the same server at Dreamhost under the same user. So I’m thinking there’s either a disk space issue (unlimited disk space advertised) or a glitch with the plugin caused by some change in the latest version of wordpress – unlikely as it seems to be working for everyone else, or a conflict with something in this theme. Too many variables! Hoping to hear back from Dreamhost again soon. The last msg they sent about zip PECL seems weird as the compatibility test shows zip archive as being installed and it’s worked before.

I too, am having this issue and it has nothing to do with disk space.

I have used duplicator in the past and now it’s not working.

When I exclude all the files in the root directory, the process completes successfully, but the migration doesn’t produce a working installation.

The migration populates the database but no files are copied to the new host.
    Thanks

Hey gatehousedesign,

PECL won’t have anything to do with ZipArchive they are separate libraries. You may have a file that is corrupt. I have seen this every once in awhile.

The best way to locate the issue is to exclude your top level directories until it actually creates a package. At that point you can start to drill down in your exclusion list to pin point the the bad file. I have also seen issues where file that are set to 000 cause issues with the ZipArchive class. I’m hoping with future versions I can isolate these issues….

(@gatehousedesign)

I’m afraid I’m not sure how to exclude the top level directories. Thanks for your help. Disappointed I can’t get this one to work but I will try again for other sites.

Hey gatehousedesign,

I believe I may have your fix. If you can give the latest version a try it may have your fixes for the issue your seeing. The very latest version can be found by following these instructions:

-> Browse to http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/duplicator/developers/
    -> Look for the section “Other Versions”
    -> Click on “Development Version” and download the zip plugin file
    -> Uninstall your current version and install this one
    -> Note: The version number may still be the same as the public line but the source code is different.

Let me know if this solves your issue…

Thanks

(@gatehousedesign)

You solved it! I didn’t 100% complete the installation because I already did the migration the hard way to meet the deadline. But I did uninstall the old version on my staging server, install the dev version, and then I was able to create a package that I downloaded no trouble at all.

Fantastic! Well done. Maybe some 3.5.2. conflict? I had no trouble before then.

I have another migration to do today and I am thrilled that I can use duplicator. I will report back here if I get any issues otherwise readers can assume it worked perfectly as usual.

Paypal donation will follow next migration today. You deserve support for an excellent plugin and great help getting things working at times like these. Can’t be easy.

-Alice

Thanks for the feedback!

It wasn’t an issue with 3.5.2 as it had been working for several other users, including myself. The issue was with files that where not readable by PHP. If it ran across a corrupt file or one that was not readable then it failed.

There is now a check that prevents the archive of files that are not readable by the PHP process…

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘404, Zip not created, ZipArchive Class did not close’ is closed to new replies.