WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Download Monitor
404 when Redirect to File enabled (3 posts)

1. phreesurf
    Posted 10 months ago #

Hi Mike - I'm really happy with everything that DM does, except that when Redirect to File is enabled, it returns a 404 error (and showing the absolute path to the file).

Forced download works great, but my client wants logged in users to be able to view these docs first (99% being PDF files).

The only thing that works is to remove 'Deny from all' in the .htaccess file in dlm_uploads, but of course the files aren't protected then.

Of note:
    This is on a restricted page via Page Restrict plugin, but I don't think there's any conflicts going on there - again, forced downloads work fine with "members only" checked.

I've tried everything (I think):
    - Re-installed the plugin
    - dlm_uploads folder permissions set to 755 (even tried 777, which didn't work either)
    - Re-saved Settings > Permalinks several times
    - Searched the forums
    - Checked with the host for conflicts (GoDaddy - they suggested I post the issue here)

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

http://wordpress.org/plugins/download-monitor/

2. qygou
    Posted 9 months ago #

I was having the same issue (GoDaddy as well). I found that the dlm_uploads folder had an .htaccess file with "deny from all"

Once I removed that, I was able to access the files in that folder.

3. mikejolley
    Plugin Author

Posted 9 months ago #

You can't have both file protection (deny from all) and redirect to file - those two just are not compatible.

if you need to redirect to a file, move it out of the folder with protection.

You must log in to post.

About this Plugin

About this Topic