I've applied several updated in the last six months, and just now noticed this issue. I've not been on the site a lot, so I'm not sure when it happened. When I click on a thumbnail on the main blog page it takes my to a 404 page, but if I load the individual post for the gallery and click on it, it loads fine.
I noticed that the directory is missing on the bad link, it gives this -
when it should give this:
You can see this problem now by going to my site at http://www.hereafter.com and scrolling down to the first gallery. If you click a thumbnail it doesn't work, but then click on the gallery title, then a thumbnail, and it does.
I noticed that there were new options in the gallery setup, where you can choose different templates. I tried selecting one for each type, and then neither thumbnail worked. I restored it back to blank entries for the template types and it returned to my current behaviour.
- WordPress up to date? Yes.
- NextGEN up to date? Yes.
- What version of NextGEN Gallery did you upgrade from?
I've had many upgrades, not sure when the problem started. I'm currently at 2.0.40
(please confirm the following, with your server host tech) :
- MySQL up to date (at least 5.2.4)? 5.5.34-log
- PHP up to date (at least 5.0)? 5.2.17
- The mod_rewrite Apache module activated? Yes
- PHP Safe Mode OFF? Yes (I think)
Additional information that will help us find a solution:
- Who are you hosted with? justhost.com
- What theme are you running? Twenty Ten
- Which plugins do you have installed and activated? A few, nothing I can see that would cause this. Already tested with all disabled,
- Does this error still occur if you switch your theme to the WP default, and deactivate all plugins except NextGEN Gallery? (*be sure to clear your browser cache and reload your site after deactivating) Yes.