• MilesWeb

(@milesweb)

Hello,

In our google’s webmaster tool it shows many 404 errors on our wordpress installation. The URL’s which shows these errors are strange ones ending with an email address. There are more than 200 such URL’s.

Example, blog/how-to-take-backup-of-your-website/me@ourdomain.com

What can be done to fix this errors ?

Team MilesWeb.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Aymen

(@aymen1210)

Hello,

Install the Broken Link Checker plugin … The plugin will find any broken links that end with an error and then you can delete them.

Good Luck

Thread Starter MilesWeb

(@milesweb)

Hi Aymen. Thank you for your reply. I will try this plugin

I tried setting a 404 redirect; but no luck. I then edited the Themes 404.php file and added the code below. Logged into WP admin panel, accessed the option Appearance >> Editor. Clicked on 404 Template and added the code below.

===
    <?php
    /* Redirect browser */
    header(“Location: http://milesweb.com/blog/&#8221;);

/* Make sure that code below does not get executed when we redirect. */
    exit;
    ?>
    ===

No matter what URL it is. It redirects properly. Even the ones with email address as mentioned in the previous post.

Team MilesWeb.

That is an awesome code there MilesWeb. I added that and I just went to a 404 page that was in Google Search that was not on my site anymore, and I clicked it, and it went right to the url that I put. I like that. Hopefully, I will stop seeing as much 404 errors now Google Webmaster Tools.

I had to redo my website, and lost some blog posts, and I have to go to site:www.example.com for my posts and re-add them, and this helped so that people clicking on them in search will not get the 404.

After I got my posts back, then I might remove it or keep it just for the email at end of url problem. I will more likely keep it in their.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘404 pages ending with email address’ is closed to new replies.