Support » Fixing WordPress » 404 page not found error

• When I go to my “Blog” page it shows me all my post and each one has the title at the top which is a link to the individual post and the url of the individual post has the permalink in the url structure.

Now it seems that if I actually click on that link it gives me a 404 Page not found error.

I have one post that actually connects to the correct page bu all others including the one I added today gets the 404 error.

Any idea what causes this

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • I’m having the exact same issue. It’s frustrating.

Hi,

Are you just using the default theme that came with WordPress or have you customised following install.

John.

Thread Starter ronc0011

(@ronc0011)

I’m using Socrates.

I’ve also noticed that if I click on the other links to those post they also give me a 404 error. For instance, from the top level “Posts” page in the admin where it list all of your posts. There are the options “Edit” “Quick Edit” “Trash” and “View”. Clicking view also gives the 404 error page though “Edit” gives the page where it can be edited, however, “Preview Changes” gives the 404 error.

Everything is in the editor window and it shows up on the main “Blog” page, just not if you try to go the page for the individual post.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘404 page not found error’ is closed to new replies.