WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

404 page (4 posts)

1. danettelea
    Posted 1 year ago #

Almost every thing I try to do in the dashboard like deleteing spam comments, updating plugins, takes me to the 404 error page. This has been happening for a couple of weeks since I updated wordpress to 3.5.1. I just tried to re-update it and got the same thing - 404
    My site is danettesteele.com

2. Pioneer Valley Web Design
    Posted 1 year ago #

To test your WP installation, switch to default unedited theme and deactivate all plugins...this can be achieved outside the Admin Dashboard using an FTP tool such as FileZilla or your host provided File Manager by renaming each plugin and theme folder to old-foldername and ensuring that an unedited default theme is in place properly - on running WP, it will now run with default theme and no plugins...this troubleshooting step is necessary to rule out theme and plugin compatibility issues.

If site still has issues, Manually Update WordPress (do NOT overwrite the wp-contents folder) - then activate theme, then plugins one at a time and test site each step on the way...to isolate any issues.

Please also clear your browser cache prior to reloading site after each change.

3. danettelea
    Posted 1 year ago #

Did all the above and nothing worked. Still get error 404 page when I try to delete links, spam comments...

4. Phil
    Posted 1 year ago #

Try uploading a fresh copy of WordPress from the repository. There may be something missing from an update/install.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic