• Resolved w1sh

(@w1sh)

I opened the readme, followed the instructions, and on step 5 (“Open /wp-admin/install.php in your browser.”) I got stopped with The Page cannot be found.

I don’t know if I filled out the wp-config.php wrong or if it’s a server problem (ie: I might be that 1% who doesn’t use ‘localhost’)

<?php
    // ** MySQL settings ** //
    define('DB_NAME', 'database');    // The name of the database
    define('DB_USER', '******');     // Your MySQL username
    define('DB_PASSWORD', '*******'); // ...and password
    define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');    // 99% chance you won't need to change this value
    define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');
    define('DB_COLLATE', '');

// Change SECRET_KEY to a unique phrase.  You won't have to remember it later,
    // so make it long and complicated.  You can visit http://api.wordpress.org/secret-key/1.0/
    // to get a secret key generated for you, or just make something up.
    define('SECRET_KEY', '*****');

// You can have multiple installations in one database if you give each a unique prefix
    $table_prefix  = 'wp_';   // Only numbers, letters, and underscores please!

// Change this to localize WordPress.  A corresponding MO file for the
    // chosen language must be installed to wp-content/languages.
    // For example, install de.mo to wp-content/languages and set WPLANG to 'de'
    // to enable German language support.
    define ('WPLANG', 'en');

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

define('ABSPATH', dirname(__FILE__).'/');
    require_once(ABSPATH.'wp-settings.php');
    ?>

Please help. Note: Anything with *** is hidden, I have the actual fields filled.

BTW, I just assumed “en” was the proper language abbreviation for English. Is that right? (this doesn’t affect installation, I’ve tried it without it as well)

Thanks a lot in advance.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • If you’re getting a 404, either the file isn’t where it should be or there is a server error.
    If everything was kosher, even if the wp-config values were wrong, WordPress would still connect with the site.
    First be sure you are uploading correctly. Different hosts have differing methods. Some just make the root / – others use public_html or httpdocs for the root. Check your ftp info in your host control panel. If you are uploaded correctly – contact your host.

Thread Starter w1sh

(@w1sh)

There are different ways to upload then???
    Or I just have it in the wrong directory?

I want it. I want it bad.

Which isn’t doing new installs right now…

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘404 on wp-admin/install.php during installation…’ is closed to new replies.