WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

404 on WordPress Themes Images (6 posts)

1. bongkph
    Posted 3 years ago #

I was viewing an AWStats log and found on 404 section that most error hits belongs to images locally hosted. Most are template images like /wp-content/themes/theme1/images/pic1.gif. I am using WordPress on my site. When I type the URL, I can successfully view the image. What is wrong and how to resolve this? Thanks.

2. archer123
    Posted 3 years ago #

Can you duplicate the 404 by finding those images on your site and clicking them? or causing that page to load?

If its a true 404 it will get a stats hit every time the page loads otherwise maybe a server glitch?

3. bongkph
    Posted 3 years ago #

I think Im getting a stats 404 hit every page loads. About your first sentence, Im sorry I just dont get your point. Images are on my site and located on the /themes/theme1/images/. The images appears on the website and no problem so I am confused why it is reported as 404.

4. Versipellis
    Posted 3 years ago #

How do you code the images, or did you use a free theme?

5. bongkph
    Posted 3 years ago #

Im using free themes and CSS with relative path. Tried changing one of the image to be called using absolute path but still getting the 404 errors. As mentioned, images appears ok on the web.

6. Emil Uzelac
    Theme Review Admin
    Posted 3 years ago #

I don't think that this is an error at all, AWStats will log 404 even if the image doesn't load in time, so I would not worry about this at all, especially if the images are there and/or you can pull them up :)

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags