WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

404 on install (7 posts)

1. redrum0777
    Posted 9 years ago #

I looked and looked for another discussion on this with no luck, so I guess I'm the first.
    I've done everything the "read me" file said to do but when I put in http://inamanic.net/wordpress/wp-admin/install.php in my browser I get my 404 page. This is the first time I have had to deal with MySQL so I hope I have done everything right there. Any information you need from me, just let me know. Thanks in advance.

2. Mark (podz)
    Support Maven
    Posted 9 years ago #

The wp-admin.css file is not there either.
    Check that your ftp program has uploaded all the unzipped files correctly.

3. redrum0777
    Posted 9 years ago #

wp-admin.css seems to be the only one that was missing. Thanks for catching that. Now everything is uploaded and I still get a 404 when I try to run that link like the folders/files do not exsist but they are there? I've been working on this for 2 days now. I really hope I can get this to work because I really want to use wordpress.

4. redrum0777
    Posted 9 years ago #

Could this be the problem? I am getting this when I set up MySQL.
    Perl $dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:inamanic_wp:localhost","inamanic_michell","<PASSWORD HERE>");
    PHP $dbh=mysql_connect ("localhost", "inamanic_michell", "<PASSWORD HERE>") or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error());
    mysql_select_db ("inamanic_wp");

5. redrum0777
    Posted 9 years ago #

Nevermind. I didn't know about Fantastico until just now when a friend told me about it and it installed it all for me. Thanks for your help. I'm sure I will be back to ask about the configuration. *sigh*

6. moshu
    Posted 9 years ago #

You should check which version of WP was installed by Fantastico... some ppl. were complaining here about getting an older version, i.e. not 1.2.
    (Not to mention 1.2.1. is out today :)

7. redrum0777
    Posted 9 years ago #

It is 1.2. :-|

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.