WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] 404 on all pages for local copy of production website (2 posts)

1. kbrinner
    Posted 1 year ago #

I am trying to set up a copy of a production site on my local machine so I can try out changes before deploying to production. I have copied all files from the production server and created a copy of the production database (after changing all of the urls from the production site url to the url I'm using on my local machine). I have set up virtual hosts on my machine so when I go to [mywebsite].loc in my browser I am viewing my local installation of the website. The website loads correctly (all styling, menus, logos, and sidebar items appear) but the page content is missing on every page, including the home page. When I go to any menu link or the home page all that is displayed is

Not Found
    Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.

In addition, I am getting an error when I try to view any page of the front end of the website:

Warning: Parameter 1 to ec3_filter_posts_where() expected to be a reference, value given in [path to my files]/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 227

All of the wp-admin sections work correctly (but the above error does not display in the admin sections), for example http://mywebsite.loc/wp-admin/post-new.php and all other links once I'm in the admin section are working correctly.

I have tried deleting the .htaccess, changing the permalink settings, re-adding the .htaccess file after changing permalink settings in all possible combinations, but nothing has an effect - I always get the 404 error.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. kbrinner
    Posted 1 year ago #

Turns out I when I switched the version of PHP I was using the errors went away and all pages display content correctly. It is now working with PHP 5.2.17

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.