• Hi

I have installed the theme. When typing a filename not existing I get the 404 File Not Found (template version) when using FireFox and Opera but when using Internet Explorer i get the ordinary (server) 404 File Not Found. What might be wrong?

I use the template blueline-10

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Same problem here. Did you find a solution to this? I hit refresh a few times, and the custom 404 eventually shows up. STRANGE! I imagine a header or .htaccess tweak could cure this, but not certain what.

Apparently (and I haven’t tested it, as I just found the answer), IE looks at the size of the 404 page. If the file is over 512 bytes, then it will display that page. Otherwise, it displays its own “friendly” 404 error. It’s micro$oft trying to think for us.

Placing these 2 items above the get_header at the very top of my 404 file appears to have fixed it for me. I know my file was over the 512 bytes as well. Very strange behavior, but these 2 lines appear to have done it! Hopefully others can benefit from this as well… That’s why my multiple posts.

<?php ob_start(); ?>
    <?php header(“HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found”); ?>

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘404 Not Showing In IE’ is closed to new replies.