WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

WP Ultimate Search
[resolved] 404 Not Found (7 posts)

1. charlie_minty
    Posted 1 year ago #

Hi,

I am trying to use WP Ultimate search Plugin but when I test it I get the message:

"The requested URL /search was not found on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

I have tried disabling all of the plugins but that didn't work, nor did re-installing Word Press. I have also checked all of my links are working and corrected those, but that doesn't seem to have done the trick either. I am running out of ideas, can anyone help me please? :/

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-ultimate-search/

2. charlie_minty
    Posted 1 year ago #

My website address http://www.minty-systems.co.uk so you can check it out

3. Bryce Corkins
    Posted 1 year ago #

If you go into the settings for the plugin, try setting the search results page to "/search/" instead of "/search" (adding the trailing backslash).

4. charlie_minty
    Posted 1 year ago #

Bryce,
    Thank you so much for your reply! I put the full URL of the dedicated page where the search results are meant to show up into the appropriate box in the plugin configuration and that did the trick :-) Working great now...
    Best regards,
    Charlie

5. Nattypat Crochet
    Posted 1 year ago #

Hi—I think I have this problem on my site, NattypatCrochet.com. I can't find where to change the search results page to "/search/". Any ideas on what's specifically wrong for my site?

Search bar is in the right sidebar. Thanks.

6. Bryce Corkins
    Posted 1 year ago #

You'll need to go into Settings >> WP Ultimate Search in your dashboard. There you can type in a different search results URL.

7. Nattypat Crochet
    Posted 1 year ago #

Thank you so much! For some reason, the tabs in the settings weren't showing any content/options... just empty. I suspect it was some glitch to do with updating my WordPress core a couple hours previous. The tabs showed today and I fixed it easily. Thanks!

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic