• Resolved lxg

(@mastermind)

I have a problem when using permalinks.
    In my case, I use
    /news/%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%
    for the permalink structure and /news as category base. I need them to be identical for the Home-Page control plugin.

Now everything works fine, only when I click to a single post (no matter whether the hpc plugin is activated or not), I get a 404 error. When I remove the /news from the structure, everything is fine again. So why isn’t this working on my playground?

I’m sure this has already been discussed, but I couldn’t find anything. Could somebody give me a hint or a link on that? Thanks in advance.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Thread Starter lxg

(@mastermind)

I’ve tested a bit more, there seems to be a bug in the rewrite conditions written by WP:

I’ve included the following code into my site:
    <?php echo $_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"] . '<br />' . $_SERVER["QUERY_STRING"]; ?>
    with the “/news” stuff the output is

/2005/12/07/hello-world
    year=2005&monthnum=12&day=07&name=hello-world&page=

without this

/news/2005/12/07/hello-world
    category_name=2005/12/07/hello-world

If we can’t resolve the errro, could somebody possibly tell me how to correct the rewrite conditions?

btw, I’m using Apache 2.0.55, if that helps.

Thread Starter lxg

(@mastermind)

The problem is solved; I changed the category base, so WP runs fine again.

I misinterpreted the installation advisory for the Home-Page Control plugin: It does need its own base to be prepended to the permalink structure, but this doesn’t affect the category base.

Anyway, thanks for supporting. 😛

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘404 for posts if category base is inside permalink structure’ is closed to new replies.