• Resolved CraigIW

(@craigiw)

Hi,

I have activated the plugin and have created a Category and Forum, with a 1 Topic inside (no sub-forum). When I click on the forum, I get my site 404 page. I also have a completely empty Forum, and it also just shows the 404 page when I try to navigate to it.

Try it yourself. The forum is at http://scotpcg.org/forums/

Is it a permissions thing? What is shown if the user has no access? I have granted guest access to everything as far as I can tell.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-bulletin-board/

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Plugin Author codebycarter

(@codebycarter)

I know one other person is having this problem which I’ve been made aware of today and am awaiting their response however if you would be willing to setup a temporary admin account for me so I could take a look that’d be great, if not please let me know (me@codebycarter.com)

Thanks

Thread Starter CraigIW

(@craigiw)

Hi,

You should now have an email with account details.

One other thing. When I switch the forum to use the dark colour scheme, all the content text on my site (not just the forum page) turns white. Is the forum CSS loaded on all pages?

Thanks for looking.

Plugin Author codebycarter

(@codebycarter)

Email sent, will just post here what happened in case other people have similar trouble.

Resolved, problem was caused by bbPress which was running alongside WPBB which although shouldn’t conflict with WPBB is not ideal to run more than one similar plugin.

As for the font colour on the dark theme all you have to do is edit wp-bulletin-board/css/wpbb-dark-style.css around line 10. You will only have to do this for some themes. Most of the themes I’d tested on worked fine with white text so that’s why it’s in there.

p, div, a {
    	color:white;
    }

Example 1: paragraphs, divs font colours white and red links

p, div {
    colour:white;
    }

a {
    color:red;
    }

Example 2: Purple font colours for all elements

p, div, a {
    	color:purple;
    }

Soon there will be a “theme editor” of some sort in the admin dashboard.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘404 for forum links’ is closed to new replies.